Wednesday, June 29, 2011

PICSPAM: Yogi's three years old!

From then ...















... to now, happy birthday, baby.



****

My first boy to reach three years. It's special, to me, and bittersweet. Coming from the pain and grief of Yew's death a couple of days before his third birthday to Yogi's celebration is ... like a breath of air after going without for a long time - a huge relief, but with pain still around the edges.

I'm so grateful to Yogi. It takes a unique and strong personality like him to come into a home slowed by grief and return life and joy to it, but that's exactly what he did. He gave me another little boy to love when I was missing mine so much; he gave me back my Pixie, who was overcome by and dying from loneliness, and he hasn't left her side for even a day since.

I love you, my sweet ol' man, and I am so lucky to have you in my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dook it out