Sunday, December 12, 2010

erm ... I'm slightly horrified at this point

So, last night I was on the holistic ferret forum (like always), when I saw something ... something intriguing. Something hypnotic. Something irrefutable.

An ad for Rose's bedding.

I thought "Hiko needs some! He'll have a big ole cage to fill."

So I ordered this:



And then today I showed my mom, and she loved it. Then I saw on the LFFR ebay site that Rose was offering premade shelf covers, and I gasped and my mom heard and she wanted to know why. I told her, and she said, "MERRY CHRISTMAS, AHAHAHA. GET THEM. IN ROYAL BLUE." And then - because my mom loves her unconventional grandbabies, she added, "Also get Hiko some ramp covers that match his set. BRIGHT GREEN."

So I did. It's like we cannot stop.

Also in spending news: I ran out of CareFresh for litter, and so we had to stop at this small mom-and-pop pet store (thank god no ferrets, but we saw kittens and puppies (mills :C) and 1 rabbit, who was black but reminded us of Cinder the Rabbit). I love these small independent stores, and giving money to smaller places versus chainstores.

That's true, but I don't want to be robbed blind at the same time. A small bag of CareFresh? ALMOST $20. I can get a huge bag that lasts months from PetSmart for $17.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.


In cute news, though, we got more snow today, and I took Sian out again for about 15 minutes. My god, she had a blast, and she dragged me all the way to the end of the "pen" and the beginning of the pasture area. SO ADORABLE, but Pixie thew a hissy fit, and I promised her a jaunt a bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dook it out