Friday, November 19, 2010

mini quail eating picspam and WORDS




God, doesn't she look just like a kit? *draws hearts*







If you couldn't tell, I gave the Tetrad day old quail again. Sian scarfed hers down in seconds (she ate the head, ate the chest, got down to the stomach and then went a bit lower, and then squirted all the insides out into her mouth like some really bloody jelly doughnut or something :\ ). Pixie ate the head off of hers and then Yogi actually stole it and ate it.

Go figure on that score. I had only unthawed three because I figured only Pixie and Sian would eat them. Well, Kai (our kitten) got the third one. Had fun throwing it around and smacking it into things before eating it. Still, I figured one for each of my girls. Except NOW Yogi's decided they're delicious.

Of course, it's Yogi, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

Hiko didn't have any (at least I predicted that right), so I had a back up, a bowl full of hearts (and my last "meal". I've got two pounds of turkey hearts unthawing as we speak). He absolutely adores them!

In other news: this morning, when I went to go put Hiko in the cage before leaving for work, I saw that all 4 of them were in the cage (Hiko upstairs on the main floor in the floorsack, and the Triad upstairs on the shelf in a cuddly cup). I was torn, but I ultimately decided that since it was just a workday and not a work-and-classes-day, that I'd leave the cage open for everyone.

Well, there's no blood, and they were all back in the cage when I checked on them (Hiko in the hammock that's by the cuddly cup that the Triad were in. Ahahaha, he's getting closer). I've also noticed that Yogi's toning his obssession down a bit (no jinxing!).

Other than that, I was just floored by how excited everyone is to see me when I get home (or in the mornings, or whenver, really ;D). Granted it takes my guys about 30 minutes to actually WAKE UP and get with it, but they're always just snuggly and kissy and "ooo, mom, yay!" Even Hiko.

AWWWW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dook it out