Monday, August 24, 2009

do-da-do...be good to bugs...



I'm blaming this entire post on spending these last few (two?) days sick and watching a disgusting amount of cartoons with my nieces. Anyway, since I'm sick and the only one who cares for The Triad, I've been forced to curtail much of my interaction time to the basics (I have a habit of kissing on them--and I forget to curb that when I'm ill), so I don't pass anything on to them.

I've found that the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is actually true. Odd little things will make me think "that reminds me of [insert Triad-related story]". I know, I'm pretty pathetic *g*

And, believe me, there is a point to this whole spiel. And it is--I was watching Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends with my youngest nieces, and it struck me that Yogi is Bounce--the slightly retarded, hyper, blue bed-bug The Spiders adopted. What made me think of this? That would be the following sequence:
[Bounce crawling into Miss Spider's lap and showing her a holly berry] Miss Spider: is this berry special, Bounce?
[Bounce giggling retardedly--what? he's really not the sharpest tool in the shed. Tchaww, Yogi] Bounce: huh huh huh. Yeah, Mom. Holly berries are my fav-or-ite. huh huh huh.

Right then I knew that Yogi was the real-life incarnation of an animated, special-needs parasitical insect. Don't ask me how; it just hit me on a gut-deep level.

And I mean that in the best way possible. With all the love and adoration of a devoted ferrent. My special ickle boy. *g*

2 comments:

  1. aw, i'm sorry your are sick. sure hope you are on the mend soon!
    and i totally get the whole thing about Yogi being the incarnation of an amimated bug. and it is somewhat scarey that it makes sense to me....!!! :)
    (gentle hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're taking too much medication ;)

    ReplyDelete

dook it out