Monday, October 27, 2008

Let the games begin...


So, in an effort to get out of the cage earlier than usual, Yogi decided to morph into Godzilla and go on a rampage (otherwise known as destroying the downstairs portion of their FN cage).


Let me describe it to you: first, I woke up to the sounds of scritching feet on newspaper; then, as I drift out of a very comfy sleep, I hear the scratchy 'heehee' that is Yogi's style of dooking. Right away, I knew this wasn't going to end well. I open my eyes and what do I see? Why, if it isn't Yogi knocking their sofa bed off the shelf, down the ramp, to almost land in fert poop (because god forbid the boy uses the litter box. I have literally given up on him--newspaper galore!). He then proceeds to rip at the clothes on the shelf (put there to cover the unneeded and highly dangerous gaps and wires holding the plastic cover to the shelf body). When this gets him nothing but an annoyed, "Enough!", he jumps down, detaches one of the corner litterboxes that even Pixie won't use (I use it to deter pooping in that corner, but leave it empty of litter, since they don't use it for anything but playing scatter-the-expensive-white-stuff. Lovely game:) ). After throwing this around for a few, he decides that he is better off smashing food bowls and water dishes together. Yay! I've definitely had enough at this point, so I get up, open the doors, and take him out. He honestly is as happy as a clam, thinking he's gotten his way. But, sometimes, I can outsmart my ferts. While he's congratulating himself, I take him over to the large dog crate that's in my room. Ha! He now is confined to an area smaller than before with no toys, only newspaper and bedding. It's not the first time this has happened.


Pixie slept through the whole thing, and when I let her out, she went straight to the crate. I let him out soon after, but she wouldn't have anything to do with him. Whenever I had to cage him separately in the past, Pixie would treat me like a horrible human; apparently, she believed I was doing it out of the meanness of my heart. Now, she's figured out that Yogi is disobeying the rules, and punishes him, too (she hates it when he is taken out of the cage). Yogi can't stand it when Pixie pretends he isn't there.


I could sympathize with him if he was cage-bound. I really could. But. They are out from (usually) ten a.m. to midnight (usually later). This, I suppose, isn't enough. >ugh<


Well. A morning in the life of ;) Gotta love 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dook it out